Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PAPR reduction with DQPSK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_C

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a receiver where the transmitted signal is OFDM modulated by DQPSK. As DQPSK has does not have varying amplitude, do I need to design in any PAPR reduction circuitry. Using QAM, I would expect to do this as the amplitude varies, but I'm not sure when using DQPSK. If it is required, can someone suggest a suitable method. This is being implemented on an FPGA and the logic resources are limited. If I didn't need it that would be great.

Thanks for any assistance
Bob

I think you need a PAPR reduction fuction in your FPGA. This is because the IFFT block sums Nc number of subcarriers constructively or destructively. So, it doesn't really matter either DQPSK or QAM that you are using. Well, in fact, the DQPSK has a lower PAPR compared to QAM in OFDM system. But, you still need a PAPR reduction function in your FPGA.

The simplest way to reduce PAPR is to clip the high peak time-domain signal. However, this introduce out-of-band distortion as well as degrade the error performance. This is one of the solution.

Have a look on this overview paper from Seung He Han (I hope i get his name right). It give you a quick and wonderful overview of PAPR reduction. And, some guidelines to select which PAPR reduction technique.......

Added after 3 minutes:

O...by the way, if you are designing only the receiver part. There is no way to include PAPR reduction function as PAPR reduction only needed in the transmitter side.

Have a look on this overview paper from Seung He Han (I hope i get his name right). It give you a quick and wonderful overview of PAPR reduction. And, some guidelines to select which PAPR reduction technique.......

Mr cwjcwjcwj, Could you please upload this paper? It would be usefull for my thesis project.

Thanks in advance..I'm working on it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back