Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Steps for designing a common emitter colpitts oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir_ali86

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is there any one can who can give a common emitter colpitts Oscillator at any frequency.it would be a tutorail for me. i've studied common emitter amplifier and tank circuit individualy but have problem to come them to have a colpitts Oscillator.please help me. \]

Re: colpitts Oscillator

yasir_ali86 said:
is there any one can who can give a common emitter colpitts Oscillator at any frequency.it would be a tutorail for me. i've studied common emitter amplifier and tank circuit individualy but have problem to come them to have a colpitts Oscillator.please help me. \]

I dont know what exactly you want..
Please read this.

https://www.tpub.com/neets/book9/35e.htm

-Sharon

ok.let me clear my question.
i want to design a common emitter colpitts oscillator.so please give step by step procedure to design this Oscillator.
I'm quit beginner so it would be very helpful for if you make a common emitter colpitts oscillator and send me with all the calculations. i'll be very thankful to you.thanks

**broken link removed**

There are various ways to design such an oscillator. Many people use "rule-of-thumb" and a bit of trial and error. Lately people follow a more scientific approach by using CAD type open loop analysis as a first pass and following up with a non linear analysis and optimization. They look at loop gain, matching, loaded Q and negative resistances. Accurate component models are needed for this, either from the vendor or by doing your own measurements. Finally performance will be compared by measuring the performance of the actual hardware on test equipment.

It is not difficult to get some (lousy) oscillator design working, but it takes quite a bit more effort to optimize such a design for stability, phase noise etc.

well.... i've visited the link you gave me.Thanks for that. now what i'm saying is that i've studeied and designed common emitter amplifier and the tank circuit.but the problem is that how to combine both circuits to have the Common emitter Colpitts Oscillator. can't you design one for me at any frequency and send it to me. and the Oscillator you'd design will be a tutorial for me.the design and the calculations you'd give me will help me alot.

Thanks

I don't have time now but one member here already done it for you.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.