Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding bow-tie antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

av367

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
understanding bow-tie antenna

Hi all, I'm new to antenna design, however, am trying to design an antenna for ground penetrating radar. I would like to use a bow-tie antenna for its wide band capabilities, however, I'm strugling with the overall concept. Firstly, would a microstrip antenna be reccomended, condsidering the narrow bandwidth which is associated with them. If so, how should this be fed? from what I can understand about bow-tie antennas is, one side of the antenna is fed through the copper core of a coaxial cable, whilst the other is connected to ground. Is this true for a microstrip bow-tie antenna, how does the ground plane of a micro-strip play a part of this design. What would be another option, other than a microstrip, could I just have the two triagular conuctors of a bow-tie, one connected to a feed (and a baluan) and the other connected to ground. If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated, regards Aaron

bow tie antennas

hai u can do that in both the way. here i have attached two paper for ur reference.

wht software u r using...... then i will help u for ur design

understand bow-tie antenna

Hi james, thankyou for your reply. I've been using XFDTD, with a guasian pulse at a centre frequency around 1GHz. Regards Aaron.

I have problem about
1. how to make printed wire bowtie in xfdtd..
2. how to put resistif loading in XFDTD..

please help me..
thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back