Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

extraction in calibre and assura...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak242003

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura extraction parasitic resistance

for the same circuit extraction was done in calibre.... now wehn I did same extraction wiht assura,it is showing large parasitic resistance. for few nets.........

any idea????

rl1482 ( dvss12\#15991 dvss12\#15386 ) resistor r=999999995904.0000

rl1492 ( dvss12\#15305 dvss12\#16867 ) resistor r=999999995904.0000
.?????
:|

.175 calibre

are all the other resistances correct?
Make a very simple layout (max 2 inverters and compare extracted netlist for both calibre and assura

what is connect calibre

It seems it is giving more resistance.......
I tried wiht two inverters one wiht long net(400um) and other small with small (10um) in the same schematic.....still it show the max parasitic error of 158ohms.. which isn ot possible as we are using metal layers... moreover it is showing more resistance for every trace..( i guess)..

we dont have calibre license anymore....we shifted to assura....

calibre rules missing via

deepak242003 said:
It seems it is giving more resistance.......
I tried wiht two inverters one wiht long net(400um) and other small with small (10um) in the same schematic.....still it show the max parasitic error of 158ohms.. which isn ot possible as we are using metal layers... moreover it is showing more resistance for every trace..( i guess)..
Hi deepak,
could it be possible that assura extracts inductance and tells you the equivalent impedance values for a standard frequency (let's say: 1GHz)?
Can you check the extract rules for that? Did you check the connectivity rules? Given the connect switch?

extracted in assura

hi erik thnks for your reply...

I am selecting RC extraction from dropdown menu( instead of RLC).. expecting it will not calculate inductance.....

what is connect switch?? Is it required during extraction .. or is a part of rule file.???

thx..:)

missing resistance connection calibre

Possibly the node that this resistor is attached has no reference to vss so the netlist
produced just inserts a huge resistor to compensate for this. Anyway i cannot see how such a big resistor can affect results. Are the extracted simulation any different?

layout extraction calibre

deepak242003 said:
what is connect switch?? Is it required during extraction .. or is a part of rule file.???
Sorry, I mixed it up with the LVS netconnect switch you mentioned in this topic. But the extract command also uses switches which may be necessary.
Cheers, erikl

Last edited by a moderator:

calibre license start

paparas said:
Possibly the node that this resistor is attached has no reference to vss so the netlist
produced just inserts a huge resistor to compensate for this.
rl1482 ( dvss12\#15991 dvss12\#15386 ) resistor r=999999995904.0000

I guess it is showing resistance between two nodes of the same net how is it possible??... what u think???????

paparas said:
Anyway i cannot see how such a big resistor can affect results. Are the extracted simulation any different?

yes , we are not getting any output.... possibly no voltage is reaching at desired circuit...... we cant predict anything until this issue is resolved..

Added after 10 minutes:

erikl said:
Sorry, I mixed it up with the LVS netconnect switch you mentioned ..

in this topic.
That was resolved wiht modification of rule deck.. there only VDD and VSS was declared and power and in actual layout we were using AVDD25 and AVSS 25......
and ofcoure,schematic, we were using AVDD25 and AVSS25

erikl said:
But the extract command also uses switches which may be necessary.
l
i have used evry possible switches.. according to me.....
but provlem persist.....

deepak.

Last edited by a moderator:

site:www.edaboard.com calibre license issue

deepak242003 said:
i have used every possible switches.. according to me..... but problem persists.....
deepak.
Hi deepak,
try to locate one of these high-ohmic series resistances in your layout, including its connections thru various layers. Perhaps there's a missing via or layer connection statement in the extract rules?

If you can't find a solution, try to get help from the experts in this extraction-dedicated forum.
Cheers, erikl

how to find equivalent resistance from assura

Thanks erik1... this forum seems to be useful.... I will check there.... meanwhile we are working on this issues.....

Deepak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back