Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM libraries, IBM PDK, Cadence PVS questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonstation

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence pvs

Hi all,

I have several questions regarding ARM libraries, IBM PDK, and Cadence PVS.

ARM Libraries
1. Has anyone used it before? Does it have layout view for Cadence Virtuoso tool

IBK PDK
1. After I installed it, I got the following warning message in Virtuoso CIW
*WARNING* Modifier Meta is unassigned, illegal or disabled.
*WARNING* Invalid bindkey key string: Meta<Key>Insert
*WARNING* Modifier Meta is unassigned, illegal or disabled.
*WARNING* Invalid bindkey key string: Meta<Key>Insert
This is just the first 4 lines of the 50-60 lines warning message. I think this has something to do with the bindkey file (ibmPdkBindkeys.il). Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

2. Another warning message I saw in Virtuoso is as followed
\w *WARNING* No user triggers registered for viewType schematic.
\w *WARNING* No user triggers registered for viewType schematicSymbol.
This warning message appears after the SKILL file ibmPdkMenu.def is loaded. I wasn't able to locate the cause of this problem. Can anyone help?

3. For those that have used IBM 45nm 12SOI PDK, I have a specific question on the nmos/pmos cell. I am really confused because in both cells, there are two "poly-like" instances that are parallel (and have the same length) with the gate poly and they are above/below drain/source of the transistor. Does anyone know what that is?

Cadence PVS
1. Is Cadence QRC included as part of Cadence PVS?
2. I think I have access to PVS70 and PVS80, can anyone tell me what's the difference between them?

Thanks in advanced!

Michael

arm libraries

ARM:

1. Never used it myself but i think its a set of standard cells for I/O and reference circuits. I don't think they give you layout view, but a blackbox which is filled in by the foundry during fab. Refer to: http://www.mosis.com/Technical/Designsupport/artisan-university.html

IBM:

1. I'm not sure, see if you have other bindkey sets in your <path_to>/IBM_PDK/.../.../cdslib/Skill folder and try one of those. You can change which bindkey set you use by editing your .cdsinit file. Maybe CIW doesn't like the ibmPdkSetBindKey() command in the bindkey definitions? Make sure your environment is set up properly.

2. Check here: http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/t/11820.aspx. I get these errors also (using cmrf8sf), and I haven't encountered any problems that could be related to these.

3. I havent used 12soi, try asking support@mosis.com or on **broken link removed**.

PVS/QRC:
QRC is part of EXT stream. You can download the QRC definitions from MOSIS if you are a customer. To enable QRC (replaces Assura RCX), you should set QRC_ENABLE_EXTRACTION="t" in your startup script.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.