Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AMS simulation with Spectre solver problem - error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil_rpine

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ams simulation

Hi,
I am learning to run a design using AMS simulator with Spectre solver. The set up looked fine and the netlist was generated without any problem. But when I run the simulation, I am getting the following error message:

Failed to elaborate ("amsPLL" "pll_160MHZ_sim" "config").

How can I resolve this. Please help.

Thank you,
Sunil

Re: AMS simulation problem

you have to give some more information. It is diffcult to debug from this much information.
One possible reason can be that during elaboration phase it is looking for some behavioral file which might be deleted or moved. This is just a guess.

AMS simulation problem

Hi,
Thanks for ur reply. I was actually running AMS for the first time. I found the missing files and it is working fine. But I am yet to get good grip on the AMS simulation using Cadence tools. Can you please give me some references. I am currently going through cadence documentation which is very lengthy and over the top as well.
Thank you,
Sunil

Re: AMS simulation problem

For getting good grip on AMS simulation, the only way out is doing more simulations. there are lot of issues as the tools are not mature enough...........for each of the problems you face raise a query with the tool vendor.........they should solve it........and yes cadence documentation although lengthy but are good enough to start and develop good understangind of tool.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back