Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do amplifier impedance matching to achieve the maximum power transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abmikhatri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I have a query about Impedance Matching.

I had seen in a tutorial (I dont remember the reference) that input impedance shold be transformed as it is to 50 Ohm, where as the output impedance is conjugately matched to 50 Ohm.

My question is: Knowing the input and output impedances of the transistor, if we want to conjugate match it to 50 Ohms, shall we match conjugate impedances to 50 Ohm at both ends?

Thanks in anticipation

Amplifier Matching

我不晓得啊

Added after 8 minutes:

YES
TO achieve the maxim power Transmission,you should match the input impedances to the source
impedances and the output impedances tou the load
impedances.

Added after 14 seconds:

YES
TO achieve the maxim power Transmission,you should match the input impedances to the source
impedances and the output impedances tou the load
impedances.

Amplifier Matching

Well, If your Input & Output has Impedance 50 ohm
then you should obviously match your transistor I/p & O/p since you need maximum power transfer.
Use smith chart.

Amplifier Matching

Adding more detail, let say the transistor has input impedance of 20+j3 and output impedance of 5+j10 then the input matching transmission line has one end 50 ohm which is source. the other end will have impedance of 20-j3 which is complex conjugate.
Similarly on output side another matching network one end with 50 ohm for load and the other end which is 5-j10 complex conjugate of out put of the transistor.

Hope this make you better understanding.

Amplifier Matching

if u want to do simaltenous conjugate matching u need to check how do do it from the books, coz the transistors is not a unilateral , so the matching will affect both sides.

but in gernal if u want to match an impedance with to 50 ohm , match the conjugate of it to the 50 Ohm
in other words design the network to tranform the 50 ohm to the complex conjuagte of the desired impedance

Khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back