Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Brushless servo control design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameesha23

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi;

I am very interested to control a DC brushless motor as a brushless servo. I have done this using brushed dc motors and DSPIC ic from microchip. But i havent a clue about possition servo control of a brushless DC motor. I think speed control is easy but possition control is my matter.

Can any one pls guide me on this. I like to learn the basic theory and practical designs as well.

Hi,
Servos, like RC servos, have gear box attached just after the motor. Thus reducing the speed and increasing the moment of the motor greatly. Just at the end of the gearbox, where you want to control the movement of the servo is attached a potentiometer. It gives back info for the actual position of the servo.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back