Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What should be the sigma delta output of 1 bit modulator for DC voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naisare

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am designing a sigma delta modulator.

What should be the output of 1 bit modulator for a dc voltage.

For example, if the supply voltage is 1.8V, and if I give input voltage for the modulator as 1.8V dc( or 0.9V or 0.45v), what i should expect as the digital output at the output of the 1-bit modulator.

Does anybody know the equation..

Thanks..

Re: sigma delta output

the digital output of a sd mod with dc inut will be alternate 1's and 0's whose avg tend to be the dc input voltage. you can better understand this if u can run an fft on the output of the sd modulator with a dc input. the fft shud have the signal component at dc (0 hz), practically there will be periodic repitition( harmonics) of the dc input( small values) which is limit cycle oscillation and is generally avoided using dithering and other techniques. but for a simulink model with no non idealities, it is going to be a dc component in the fft.

The output will be periodic(may not be alternate 1's and 0's ). this is known as pattern noise.

if the input dc is exactly at the middle of the V+ ref and V- ref then the output will be alternating 1's and 0's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back