Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lithium-ion Battery pack safety circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

deiana

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
battery safety circuit

I have a problem to do my project. I'm not sure which PIC that I should use to design the safety circuit. So, I need some advice from u all about this matter.
Below are the discription of the project:

1. Controller IC monitors each cell (or parallel cells) voltage & prevents the cells to overcharge/overdischarge controlling accordingly the cutoff switches. Voltage across the switches is monitors to prevent over current.
2. Control switches that usually comprises FET structures that cutoff the charge/discharge depending on the control signals of IC.
3. Temperature fuse that cutoff the current if the control switches experience abnormal heating.
4. Thermistor (PTC) that measure the battery temperature inside the pack. It's terminals connected to the charger, sense the temperature of the pack and control the charge current until the battery it's full charged.

Hi

Looks at TI site for LI battery sefty circuit

All the best

Bobi

thanx anyway.
actually i wanna use PIC but i dunno which one is better.do u have any idea which PIC
i should use and it would be better if u have the design circuit.thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.