Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Termination resistor of the LVDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

azerty.t

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have a problem concerning putting the termination resistor in the transmitter level . I know that in this case there is no current that flow over the transmission line (if the input impedance of the receiver is big enough) is this in contradiction with the LVDS standard, Knowing that two differential signals respect the norm and that in my LVDS I must put the termination resistor in the transmitter level.
Please I need an urgent reply.
Cordially.

The purpose of an LVDS terminator resistor is to prevent your signal from reflecting back from the receiver. You need to put the terminator resistor at the receiver, not at the transmitter.

For more info, see National's "LVDS Owner's Manual":
**broken link removed**

How to decide the resistor value for termination?

The recommended LVDS termination impedance is 90 to 132 ohms. Most designers use 100 ohm transmission line and 100 ohm termination.

I'm not sure if this is an early version of the LVDS standard, or an interim standard, or what, but it's free:

"Electrical Characteristics of Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) Interface Circuits"
TIA PN-4584, Revision 1.2, May 2000
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back