Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The HV LCD driver and LED driver process

Status
Not open for further replies.

chang830

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am designing a LED driver with 18V HV CMOS process. BUt the foundry tell me no customer used this process for the LED driver IC deisgn. Alough the process seemed to meet my design requirements. I am not sure if there is any risks because of no sucessfull mass production experience for this processs to LED driver.

But the foundry tell me that this prcocess have sucessfully mass productions for the HV LCD drivers IC.

So I wonder what is the main descrepancy between the LED driver and LCD driver for the HV process erquirments?

Thanks

Hi,

An LED(Light Emitting Diode) is just a type of light that may be on a frame or somewhere on your design to help indicate a process.

An LCD(Liquid Crystal Display)Is usually a miniature in-grip type of displayed menu that allows visual option changes,and are sometimes easier to work with.Most applications that use LCD's also have game-timers,BPS rating,etc...

Most of the applications uses LCD rather than LED's which consumes more power than the LCD. Hence the LCD driver foundries are more and capable.

If you need more details, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

N.Muralidhara
CRL-BEL

chang830

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back