Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will wireless USB replace wired USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wireless-USB

Yes definitely ...... It is more advantageous .... as it can transmit wireless witha speed of 480Mbps upto 10 meters.

prashanthaditya said:
Yes definitely ...... It is more advantageous .... as it can transmit wireless witha speed of 480Mbps upto 10 meters.

Will wireless-USB be able to charge devices... like mp3 players through the wireless connection?

In my opinion, it may not.

Just like the telephone we used today. There are so many good-designed cell phone in the world with high performance for so many years, but we still use the wired phone in our daily life. I do not think the wired phone will disappear in the near future!

Hi all..

Wireless USB should be self powered devices. Wireless Host cannot provide VBUS.
Now USB Forum is trying for a latest release of USB, USB 3.0 Super speed USB, with speeds in the range Gbps using optical as well as copper cables.

Wireless USB is simply a cableless repacement for wired USB. There is also an alternate Wireless USB version from Freescale semiconductors.

Hope it helps..

Thanks

Wireless-USB

Well, i do believe Wireless-USB will replace wire-USB eventually. Noone like a lot of wires on your PC, and you have to connect the different USB devices with different USB connector cables. But i think that it will take about 2 to 3 years to reach that situation in the future :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back