Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rf transformator and impedance differetiation and phase difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw86

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

I will use minicircuit TCM1-63AX+ rf transformator for differential rf port of mixer IC. My question is this rf transformator only differetiate impedance of mixer RF+ and RF- port or differentiate impedance and give phase difference between two signals.

It's a 1:1 Balun Transformer that is used to convert Balanced-to-Unbalanced ( or vice versa) inputs/outputs.It has no effect on impedances.
But amplitude and phase unbalance specs. are very poor due to its' wideband characteristics.Irecommend you to use a narrowband one which is more convenient at the frequency where you would at.
Because if you use it for a single frequency or for a narrowband, you may not obtain desired specs. for instance power for PAs, Sideband rejection for I/Q Modulators etc.
If I'd were you , I select more proper one with narrowband.

thanks bigboss I will consider your recommendation and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back