Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZYNQ-7000(XC7Z035 FFG676) Device Model in VIVADO

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelScott

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
i have a FPGA Development Board which contains XC7Z035 FFG676 chip. To work on this project i obtained VIVADO 2017.4 HL Design Edition but it needs license to work on HL Design Edition. I downloaded Webpack Edition(free) but it does not support XC7Z035 FFG676 chip. Can you help me about that. What should i do? Can i obtain device files for webpack edition or how can i get license to work on HL Design Edition. I am a student by the way.
Thanks in advance.

Despite what @ads-ee said:
If you are a student and you received that boards from your teacher, ask him for the license for you.

I know that, if you buy the ZedBoard, you receive the 1-year full license for Vivado for all FPGAs.
In addition, ZedBoard's FPGA (XC7Z020) is supported by WebPACK license.

Despite what @ads-ee said:
If you are a student and you received that boards from your teacher, ask him for the license for you.

I know that, if you buy the ZedBoard, you receive the 1-year full license for Vivado for all FPGAs.
In addition, ZedBoard's FPGA (XC7Z020) is supported by WebPACK license.
Directly from the zedboard documentation (Zedboard Getting started guide version 7.0):
Code:
8 Appendix I: Installing and Licensing Xilinx Software
8.1.1 Install Vivado Design Edition
The ZedBoard XC7Z020-CLG484-1 Zynq-7000 AP SoC device development is supported by WebPACK
licensing. ZedBoard also comes with entitlement voucher to a seat of Vivado Design Edition tools that is
device locked to a XC7Z020-CLG484-1 Zynq-7000 AP SoC device. This software can be installed from the
included DVD or the latest version can be downloaded online at

Every board I've seen especially ones that use a part that is larger than a part supported by Webpack will generally use a device locked version of the tools. You won't be able to select any other device when using such tools or update to a newer version of the tools. The only boards I've seen in the past that include a full license are the highest end boards, i.e. Virtex, Ultrascale, etc. Of course those development boards are usually upwards of $5000.

To work on this project i obtained VIVADO 2017.4 HL Design Edition but it needs license to work on HL Design Edition.
Yes that is the case with HLx tools.
I remember when I bought my personal Zybo dev board, I did buy a 1 yr HLx license additionally at a negligible cost.

If it is for your personal learning, try eBay for your country, sometimes people are also be selling an unused Xilinx license. :)
You might be lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back