Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zero-Delay interconnection in SDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad898

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have synthesized a design which includes the wire-load delay model. After exteracting the SDF file using Synopsys DC, I found zero-delay for all interconnections in sdf file while the gates have delays. My question is why the delay of the interconnection is zero even if I have included the wire-load model and what is wrong in my setup ?

My SDF file is somehting like this for all interconnections:
(INTERCONNECT U953/Y U1344/B0 (0.000:0.000:0.000))
(INTERCONNECT U723/Y U1344/B1 (0.000:0.000:0.000))
(INTERCONNECT U723/Y U1344/A0N (0.000:0.000:0.000))
(INTERCONNECT U1341/Y U1343/A0 (0.000:0.000:0.000))

why are you extracting an SDF from synthesis to begin with? without the fully placed and routed design, your SDF is just a random guess

why are you extracting an SDF from synthesis to begin with? without the fully placed and routed design, your SDF is just a random guess
In fact, I want to see the effect of interconnection delay on the my simulation outputs before P & R. I know these delays are not accurate at all, but it still gives me some hints about the timing of my design. It is very weird to me to see the zero-delay interconnection in SDF file. In such case, the use of Wire-load seems to be pointless.

my first suggestion would be to report timing in DC with and without your wireload model and see if it makes any change. it's possible it doesn't, some flag is off, the tool was expecting something else instead, etc..

during your post-synthesis simulation, do you hide all hold time violations to be able to simulate? As synthesis does not fix that.

And to see the interconnection delay on your design, a timing report, give you the delay due to the cell or due to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back