Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zero Cross Detection in BLDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iraianbu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
zcp.png

I need to do zero crossing detection in BLDC motor. I try with the circuit mentioned above but i can't get exact output. what change will be made so that i can get that output.

output wave which i got .

IMG20220817180823.jpg

Channel-1 (yellow) : OP AMP output
channel-2 (blue) : Hall sensor output

Back EMF wave.

IMG20220810120357.jpg

Hi,

You want a digtal output --> thus us a a comparator
(an opamp is for analog output ... unless specified otherwise in the datasheet)

Nowadays comparators (as well as OPAMPs) usually don´t need R5. In worst case it may cause more problems than benefit.

Show the complete circuit, including comparator´s power supply.
Also show the exact part name of the comparator.

C1 and the source resistane generate a tau of about 12ms. For my taste a bit high.

(There is no need for R11, just choose correct values for R7 and R3 ... to lower part count.)

Klaus

BEMF.png

At Low Speed output
low speed.jpeg

At High speed output
high speed.jpeg

Above circuit output channel 1 (yellow) is Hall signal and channel 2 (Green) is ZCD output .There is a Phase delay between channel 1 and 2 of 15 deg at low speed and the phase shift is increased 24 deg when speed is increased. change the speed low to high 10 deg phase Delay is occurred. Can anyone find me a right way to solve this issues .

Hi,

Make the 15nF capacitors much smaller, such as 150pF. Or put a speed-up capacitor of a few pF from OA OUT to IN- or IN+. Feed-forward capacitors can be useful, and damp by removing ringing from high slew rate OA signals that exceed OA bandwidth/slew rate. I read that Cfeedforward should be 0.5 * OA CM input capacitance (the larger of the two input capacitance values in the op amp datasheet).

Hi,

again: Why an OPAMP?
The filter R5/C1 will introduce about 200us.

debugging:
If you are not satisfied with the output (of OPAMP, comparator, filter...) then check it´s input(s).

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.