Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xp645 solar battery three wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrordz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings and thanks for let me join this group. I have a Solar light XP645 with three wires, https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?335594- this is the type of battery it is really a bad battery I am trying to replace with a new replacement battery but how can I connect the third wire to in the battery any ideas?

Comments (at your Candlepower link) suggest the middle wire senses & balances voltage. You have a Li-Poly battery. Maybe an identical battery would also go bad? It's a good idea for you to find out more about charge and discharge rates inside the light. You might have good luck with tolerant batteries such as nicad or nimh. They may perform okay whether balanced or not. Perhaps you need not connect the middle wire.

Well This Li polymer batteries are joined together with two separate cells. two 3.7V cells are connected series to get 7.4V. The red wire is +Ve terminal , black wire -Ve terminal and yellow wire mid terminal
Li Poly.png

Yellow wire is used to measure both battery cells voltage and power level, for smart charging, under voltage / over voltage protection.
If you cant explore the PCB inside, you cut the existing three wire of battery and joined with new batteries wire according to the colour

Well This Li polymer batteries are joined together with two separate cells. two 3.7V cells are connected series to get 7.4V. The red wire is +Ve terminal , black wire -Ve terminal and yellow wire mid terminal
View attachment 136137

Yellow wire is used to measure both battery cells voltage and power level, for smart charging, under voltage / over voltage protection.
If you cant explore the PCB inside, you cut the existing three wire of battery and joined with new batteries wire according to the colour

Greetings, I saw you battery picture you meant to put + sign on the bottom part of the battery.

No +Ve sign connect to red wire and +Ve sign connect to black wire

Hope above post is helpful to you !

No +Ve sign connect to red wire and +Ve sign connect to black wire

Hope above post is helpful to you !

Your answered it is correct I was meaning on the picture you have two negative side at the ends??

Status
Not open for further replies.