Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] XP +-15V DC DC converter not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouwad

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i just bought XP's DC DC converter dual output +-15V model name: JTL4024D15
Datasheet: https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/579334.pdf
The problem i am facing is that the output is stable on no load i.e. +15 and -15 but when load is applied to any one of the outputs the loaded ouput drops to 10V and other output rises to 20V, I am unable to understand this phenomenon as DC DC converters are supposed to provide fixed and highly accurate output Voltage, so please anyone do reply me thanks

Did you read the datasheet specification about required minimal load (10%) and cross regulation of dual output types? It's quite normal behaviour of standard DC/DC converters.

yes i am using minimum load of 10% but as i am new in this field of power electronics, can you please elaborate me the concept of cross regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.