Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx PCI-e 7 series interrupts and data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titormos

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I've been struggling with the pci-e interrupts, and the pci itself, for quite some time. Unfortunately there are a few well-written guides as far as I'm concerned.
I would like to ask the following:
0) which one is simpler to implement, msi or msix , taking into account that we need more than 1?
1) How do you actually send data? Do you need axi, axi4, or there is a simpler way like a PIO to do it simply.
1.1) how do you generate an msi? Do you need to send data along with it?
2) What happens when msi or msix gets generated? I believe they are integrated into the packet, e.g. a specific value is assigned in the header.
2) How does your code(fpga side) interface with each BAR.
and last but not least :
3) [briefly]What are the steps to generate a packet and an interrupt in the PCIe?

I know that it is a little bit confusing how I wrote the questions, but the user guides do not help me the way I want. Any feedback is welcome and also any pointer for a simple guide to those things.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back