Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx MicroBlaze compile error in ModelSim

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogertilman

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
compedklib

I have a compile problem with the microblaze precompiled IP cores 2.0 - 2.1 & 3.0.

I want to simulate the microblaze processor in modelsim 5.7g(full license).
I have created a project in the EDK environment and downloaded it in to my hardware, no problem so far. But when I want to simulate my design in modelsim i get a compatibility problem, it seems that modelsim5.7g can not recognize the microblaze_wrapper file. ModelSim gives me the following error:

# -- Compiling architecture structure of microblaze_0_wrapper
# ** Error: D:/Xilinx/Modeltech_xe/xilinx_lib/EDK_Lib/microblaze_v2_10_a//microblaze/_primary.dat(1): near ";": This version of compiler incompatible with library .dat file
# ** Error: D:/Xilinx/Modeltech_xe/xilinx_lib/EDK_Lib/microblaze_v2_10_a//microblaze/_primary.dat(1): syntax error
# ** Error: D:/Xilinx/Modeltech_xe/xilinx_lib/EDK_Lib/microblaze_v2_10_a//microblaze/_primary.dat: This version of compiler incompatible with library .dat file
# ** Error: D:/Xilinx/Modeltech_xe/xilinx_lib/EDK_Lib/microblaze_v2_10_a//microblaze/_primary.dat(1): syntax error
# WARNING[1]: microblaze_0_wrapper.vhd(570): No default binding for component: "microblaze". (No entity named "microblaze" was found)
# ** Error: microblaze_0_wrapper.vhd(573): VHDL Compiler exiting
# ERROR: d:/Xilinx/Modeltech_xe/win32xoem/vcom failed.

It is obvious that I have an incompatibility problem between versions, does someone have a solution for this besides a modelsim upgrade. I have tried modelsim version 5.8c, comes with the EDK6.3 & ISE6.3, but still the same problem occours and it's only width the microblaze_wrapper file. The other wrapper files are no problem.

syntax error: ( unexpectedxilinx

Have you compiled the simulation libraries with CompEDKLib ?

Git

compile library microblaze

Hello Git, thanx for the replay.

Yes ,I have used compxlib and compedklib to create the pre compiled simulation libraries.
During compedklib process (dosbox) I got some error messages about the same incompatibility problem this is where the problem actualy starts.

I have included the log file of the compedklib process maybe this gives a better indication of the problem.

how to comiple microblaze for modelsim

It seems that the compedklib first unzips precompiled files. (include with EDK)
These can be found in the standard EDK folder:

D:\Xilinx\EDK_TOOLS\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\CompiledModels

Next the compedklib tries to compile these files and others.
The precompiled files generate the incompatability errors because these files are already compiled. Never the less all the compiled and precompiled files needed by ModelSim are copied into the edklib by compedklib. This leads to a library of precompiled files that could be used by ModelSim. So far no real problem I thought.

But when I tried to run the system.do script (auto-generated by the EDK) in ModelSim it generated an incompatebility error. It seems that the precompiled files in the lib are originaly compiled by a different version of VHDL compiler.

The generated files by this last compiler seem to be incompatible with ModelSim 5.7g and 5.8c. Strange because xilinx delivers ModelSim XE 5.8c with EDK 6.3i.

The only solution I can think of is to forget about compedklib and to compile my own lib from the vhdl files in D:\Xilinx\EDK_TOOLS\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores

So see you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back