Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Ise Integration problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedpvatsa

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have tried a lot to integrate the Xilinx ISE 14.5 System Generator with my matlabR2010 version
But I have been a failure.
Here's the response of my matlab command window
>> hdlsetuptoolpath
??? Undefined function or variable
'hdlsetuptoolpath'.

>> hdlsetuptoolpath('ToolName','Xilinx ISE','ToolPath','C:\Xilinx\14.3\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt64\ise.exe')
??? Undefined function or method 'hdlsetuptoolpath' for input arguments of type 'char'.

Warning: Loading model 'xbsIndex' generated with a newer version (7.7) of Simulink
> In load_system at 41
In C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\bin\nt\sl_customization.p>sl_customization at 18
In sl_refresh_customizations>call_all at 154
In sl_refresh_customizations at 78
In slcustomize at 4
In simulinkrc at 39
Warning: Cannot find path "C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt" in "PATH" environment.
Cannot find path "C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\ISE\lib\nt" in "PATH" environment. The libraries
under the path are needed to simulate and netlist designs using blocks from Xilinx System
Generator for DSP blockset.

Cannot find path "C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\PlanAhead\bin" in "PATH" environment.
To make sure that your design simulates and netlists with Xilinx blockset as expected it is
required that you start MATLAB using "Xilinx Design Tools\ISE Design Suite 14.5\System
Generator\Sysgen Generator" from All Programs menu under Windows Start button.
Warning: xbsIndex.mdl, line 143: Parameter must be a valid enumeration choice.
> In load_system at 41
In C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\bin\nt\sl_customization.p>sl_customization at 18
In sl_refresh_customizations>call_all at 154
In sl_refresh_customizations at 78
In slcustomize at 4
In simulinkrc at 39

If anyone has any solutions for it then I would be extremely thankful to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like the Xilinx installation was done incorrectly, or you are trying to run the tools through a command window without having run the settings64.bat file or opened a Xilinx command prompt window. Each of the errors you are showing are that the tools aren't finding the environment variables that match the installation path for the various tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back