Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows driver that captures attempt to access LPT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a lot of old programmers, as well as old development Kits that I gathered along more than 15 years, but all them are not useful for me anymore. However, due to “sentimental” reasons, I am reluctant to throw them away, and I offered to a lucky guy who's starting in the electronic fields and appreciated a lot the offer.

The problem is that much of these programmers uses the parallel port, and it is well known that the former access to the LPT1 port was standardly performed by programs with direct access to its I/O mapped addresses, that are no longer available after Windows XP.

Considering that there is no more native LPTn port in the current versions of Windows, I’m curious to know if there are chipset-manufacturer-specific device drivers that catch the access of DOS-like programs and redirect to the current pinout of the virtual parallel port. If so, I'm willing to buy an USB/LPT converter of this brand, and will donate together with the kits.

Seeking on the Web, most of the results are in the scope of network printer redirecting, not properly covering that issue. Does somebody have some recommendation concernig to that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back