Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spring Boot Request Mapping: How to Handle Multiple Request Paths in a Controller

Soham1087

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on a Spring Boot project and I have a controller where I want to map multiple request paths to a single method. Let's say I have a RESTful API for managing products, and I want to handle both GET requests for product details and POST requests for creating new products in the same controller.

Here's a simplified example of my controller:

JavaScript:
@RestController
@RequestMapping("/products")
public class ProductController {

@GetMapping("/{productId}")
    public ResponseEntity<Product> getProductDetails(@PathVariable Long productId) {
        // Retrieve and return product details
    }

@PostMapping("/create")
    public ResponseEntity<Product> createProduct(@RequestBody Product newProduct) {
        // Create and return the new product
    }
}

I want to be able to access product details using a GET request to /products/{productId} and create new products with a POST request to /products/create. However, when I try this, the POST request doesn't seem to work as expected. What am I doing wrong, and how can I make this work with Spring Boot's request mapping? I've searched through a number of websites like Scaler without getting an acceptable answer, therefore I'd appreciate advice on how to successfully set up request mappings in a Spring Boot controller to handle various HTTP methods and request pathways.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back