Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will those two circuit share the same ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No22Ben

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Determine Ground ~~~

The 1st picture is the assignment question that lecturer gave me, 2nd picture is my schematic voltage regulator circuit, and 3rd picture is the schematic of my multiplier circuit ... So, if i combine these 2 circuits like what the question needed, do the regulator circuit and multiplier circuit share the same ground ???

ques.jpg

200651_f520.jpg

doubler-voltage-12vdc-to-24vdc-with-ne555.jpg

Re: Determine Ground ~~~

Theoretically, they can.
But if practically (say you will be implementing it on PCB) then Its a bit too difficult to design and/or dangerous unless and untill you will make the ground lines on the PCB too thick and reserve ground patches. This is done as then there will be a lot og power on these lines and if they are thin then it may cause damage or puff up. Same is the case for any other practial exp. But still.. for such small exp, it must work fine to club all grounds (and have thicker lines>.on PCB or have thicker wires just for the safer side)

Correct me if wrong

If both the ground is connected, the it will share the same ground. If not it is different :)

So, if I already combined these 2 circuits, it means I must connect the regulator ground and multiplier ground, or else it won't have result, right ???

So, if I already combined these 2 circuits, it means I must connect the regulator ground and multiplier ground. Yup. You will still get the result but it might be wrong as both refers to different reference point. rememner that ground is refer as 0V

Grounds of both sections have to be connected, otherwise the multiplier will not work at all - see attached picture ..

IanP
:-?

Status
Not open for further replies.