Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will the hex file for 12F509 work for 12C508?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan1980

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a hex file for 12F509 but in my country there is 12C508.

can I use the same hex file for 12C508?

I am waiting your reply

Re: Question about pic

509 has 1024 words of program 41 bytes of data memory.on the other hand 508 has half the program memory and 25 bytes of data memory,but both micro controllers are pin compatible.If ur hex file is within the limit of 508 you can use it as 509 replacement.

Question about pic

Just a point that altought It is pin compatible,

The two microcontroller may have different register types or names. which you must check the datasheet. If that, the program will not work.....Or you just try it see how is the effect if do not want to read that two datasheets.

Hi,
Please post ur hex file and i ll check if it can be converted. And i can convert it for u also.
Thanks

PIC ia nothing but a microcontroller

Question about pic

Friend, what you can do is, get a HEX disassembler to convert the HEX code back to ASM source. From there you can verify the REG names, I/O, .... etc. Than, modify the converted ASM file with correct ASM statements and Compile the ASM again to HEX for youe targeted PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back