Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wilkinson parameters issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

asad gulshamir

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i designed a wilkinson divider (fr-4 substrate ,centre f 5 ghz) for uwb range ,but parameters like s12, and s13 are not satisfactory,plz help to correct my design.
i try but couldnt get good results

Attachments

• wilkinson_FR4_waveport_optimitrics.rar
    14.1 KB · Views: 61

Brother Asad

I dont see any thing wrong with your s12 and s13 the insertion loss is 3dB, isnt this what you should be expecting?

Regards
Elchiquito

Brother Asad

I dont see any thing wrong with your s12 and s13 the insertion loss is 3dB, isnt this what you should be expecting?

Regards
Elchiquito

s12 and s13 is not 3dB ,chk them,i attach the figures

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    27 KB · Views: 59

s12 and s13 is not 3dB

Your FR4 substrate is very lossy at these frequencies. If the losses are not acceptable, use a better substrate.

In the EM simulator, you can set the dielectric loss (tand) to zero to check how much the dielectric loss contribute to the total insertion loss.

s12 and s13 is not 3dB ,chk them,i attach the figures

Excuse me, 3 dB as in close to 3dB not exactly from(1 to 6 GHz), if you have two two output ports and you want your power to be divided equally so 3dB insertion loss. at lower frequency bands your power is getting divided well without much losses

Anyhow.

Regards
Elchiquito

hi elchiquito, i need approx 3dB insrtn loss in entire uwb band but in my modl it is not,i tried my bst to improve but failed,plz help me in above modl as after few dayz there wil be my demo ,as far as substrate is concerned here only fr4 is available for fabrication

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

Your FR4 substrate is very lossy at these frequencies. If the losses are not acceptable, use a better substrate.

In the EM simulator, you can set the dielectric loss (tand) to zero to check how much the dielectric loss contribute to the total insertion loss.

hi volker
as far as substrate is concerned here only FR-4 is available for fabrcation

i need approx 3dB insrtn loss in entire uwb band (...)
as far as substrate is concerned here only FR-4 is available for fabrcation

This is not possible.

If you need low loss, you have to use a better substrate. If you have only FR4, you have to accept more insertion loss. This is physics, there is no alternative.

hi all ,plz upload the paprs about uwb wilkinson power divider (fr-4 substrate) ,if there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.