Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wide input DC DC converter isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

sac1991

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys
I want to design a DC DC isolated power supply with input range of 9-72V and output of 28V and 10A. What could be the best choice of topology. I have been looking into active clamp forward converter topology.

Is there is a possibility to make and cascaded converter with a non isolated converter then a isolated converter

I have read about isolated sepic converter. But not finding any good reference design, it is not used that much.
Your thoughts will be he helpful!

unfortunately sepic is not isolated.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a Full Bridge, since you need isolation.

Full bridge may work as well, but why not active clamp forward then again.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Mind you, the wide vin range gives you a wide range of duty cycles and on times.
You have to use a pretty low fsw to guarantee your lowest on_tine isn’t too low.
With ns/np = 3.89 you end up with 54A peak of primary current when vin = 72V…considering the diagonal fet pairs each switch at 100khz and your Lout is 33uH.
So you might be better considering two paralleled converters to reduce the current

- - - Updated - - -

Active clamp forward wont do anything to reduce your conduction losses.

Attachments

• Full Bridge.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.