Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why when we touch radio antenna audio quality is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeran

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
radio antenna

why when we touch the antenna of radio audio quality becomes better?

Re: radio antenna

because the body acts like capacitive loading and lengthens the antenna effectively.

It is called "radio love". If your radio likes you a lot, it plays louder when you are near!

You can also think of it as in the case where your body also act as the antenna which receives more signals from free space

Regards

radio antenna

You body is a good conductor........so when yoou touch the antenna, the radio will "love" you and give you maximum output ......:p

radio antenna

Sorry but dont you think that if the radio is recieving more signals that has nothing to do with the quality of this signals, what I think is that waves has differents polarisation so when you touch the antenna your body acting like a two dimension antenna so the radio will recieve the signal with nomatter what polarisation... that's just what I think I hope it's true!!
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back