Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why we use generated_clock??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhjgdk

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when create a clock ....we use create_clock command...

so, we can make clocks

we can use

creaate_clock -name CLKA -period 10

creaate_clock -name CLKA -period 20

but I dont know why we use generated_clock ...

I think it related to synchronous and asynchronous clock domain..

also, i can't understand that different between synchronous and asynchronous.. i think it just use another clock domain..

I`m confuse.. help me....

generated_clock will indicate there is a relation between the source clock and the generated clock, could be considered as synchronous by this way, perhap with a phase.

If a source delay is specified for the parent clock, it need not be given again for the generated clock. Same for uncertainity. Not sure about the clock_transition parameters.
Also both clocks are related, else we will need to specify false_path between them.

Generated clocks are derived from source clocks by using clock divider circuits. These are needed when you have a certain part of the circuit working at lower frequency without having to add a PLL to create a new clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back