Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why OOP concepts are asked in verification positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetha100

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have recently faced a few verifcation interviews and I was asked about a lot of software questions in OOP concepts, why would verification positions require that? I understand that, system verilog, used for verification is OOP oriented but why should we know about how compiler handles recursive function calls and stuff like that??

Because a verification environment built with OOP language like system verilog can be very complex, similar to software. Some hard to diagnose env bugs are because the hardware engineer who developed the env does not fully understands some of the subtleties of OOP language, tools, etc. How compiler handles recursive function calls would fall into that category. Another one is how the language/tool handles memory leak.

Basically, a verification engineer today is much more closer to a software engineer and must understand more and more software concepts.

- Hung

Thank you very much. That was helpful. I fyou know of any frequewsntly asked interview questions in this field, please post them here.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back