Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why is it an in-phase zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsummer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The book says: "CFF is to feed forward small signals from Vo to feedback node VFS. This introduces an in-phase zero ZFF that helps save phase near the unitygain frequency of the system. "
But the base of Q1(VA) is inverting input, VA and Vo are out of phase, so CFF should introduce a right-half plane zero, which degenerates the frequency response. Where am I wrong?

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 89

CFF is part of the feedback network. I'd call it a lead or lead-lag circuit. It raises the loop phase in a limited frequency interval to increase the phase margin. I think that the term feedforward is misleading in this context. But beyond terms, the circuit surely involves no right half-plane zero.
--- Updated ---

The TI application is discussing a similar setup https://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/sbva042

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.