Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who can help me see what is going on with the output of this AD623?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelAnne

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The pressure bridge on my left is a pressure sensor with four pins (1: NC. 2: Vsupply. 3: OUTPUT+. 4: GND). Pin 1 is floating, pin 2 is connected to 5V voltage, and pin 3 is connected to AD623 3 Pin (+In), pin 4 is grounded.
Pin 2 (-In) and pin 4 (-Vs) of my AD623 are grounded, pin 7 (+Vs) is connected to the 5V voltage, pin 5 reaches the 0.4V voltage as shown in the figure, and pins 1 and 8 are connected to a 100 ohm potentiometer. Now the measured voltage of pin 3 is about 0.508V, but the output of pin 6 is always only about 0.023V. Later, when pins 1 and 8 were opened, the gain was changed to 1, but the output was still about 0.02V.
7.png

Reference:

Hi,

What´s the nominal (unloaded) output voltage of your pressure sensor?
Use a 2 resistor voltage divider to generate this voltage and input it on AD623_pin2.

Datasheet: always use the datasheet directly from the manufacturer. It provides the most rleiable and most up to date informations. Also the manufacturer internet pages to the according part usually give a lot of additional information.
(application notes, example circuits, simulation tools...)

What´s the output range of your pressure sensor?

Klaus

The pressure bridge on my left is a pressure sensor with four pins (1: NC. 2: Vsupply. 3: OUTPUT+. 4: GND). Pin 1 is floating, pin 2 is connected to 5V voltage, and pin 3 is connected to AD623 3 Pin (+In), pin 4 is grounded.
Pin 2 (-In) and pin 4 (-Vs) of my AD623 are grounded, pin 7 (+Vs) is connected to the 5V voltage, pin 5 reaches the 0.4V voltage as shown in the figure, and pins 1 and 8 are connected to a 100 ohm potentiometer. Now the measured voltage of pin 3 is about 0.508V, but the output of pin 6 is always only about 0.023V. Later, when pins 1 and 8 were opened, the gain was changed to 1, but the output was still about 0.02V.
If I look at your pin connection description versus the diagram the inconsistences stand out.

The diagram is correct.

Here is a tool to determine what voltages should produce what output. Note the AD623 is
not in the tool, post on ADI website a question what IA you could pick in tool that closely
matches AD623, the engineering department will help.

Regards, Dana.
--- Updated ---

You mention pin 1 is floating on PT, but diagram clearly needs Pwr and Gnd to PT, and the other two
connections to diff amp input. Unless PT is 1/2 bridge.

Also be careful with setting up offset in bridge, the AD623 is NOT R-R on its inputs.

Regards, Dana.
--- Updated ---

A sim sweeping R2 in bridge from 950 to 1050 ohms.

1629203253242.png

Regards, Dana.
--- Updated ---

Sweep done with Rg set to 1K, bridge sweep basically +/- 10 mV

1629203750771.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.