Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which RF IC to buy [Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak174

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi dear people,

Right now I've checked different sites to find the right component for my transmitter/receiver system, like mouser and TI. They have tons of different RF IC and I cannot decide which one to choose. The optimal is the most basic design.

As this is my first time designing a RF circuit I need you to push me into the right directions, and that would really be appreciated. And I can't push this project any further just because I am afraid of failure.

Specifications:
  • Frequency range: 2.4GHz or ~5GHz band
  • Architecture: Direct conversion (Quadrature modulator)
  • Transmit power: ~100mW

I have seen circuits that has all components needed integrated into one IC:
  • VCO
  • PLL
  • Quadr. modulator/mixer
  • LNA, PA
  • Filters

Which is easier, a circuit that has all these integreated or all separate?
Would you recommend me another architecture as a newbie?

I hope I'm not asking for to much here, also that I've provided enough information for you to help me.

PS. I have read a course in radioelectronics, so I know the theory but Im a bit unsure about the practical part.

Cheers!

Last edited:

bro i'v been working on PA and it completely fulfills your specifications. it can go upto GHZ range and could esily have Pout of 30dBm (greater than what u want) easily, besides u can get a hand on different research papers also. my advice u shud go for PA. :)

bro i'v been working on PA and it completely fulfills your specifications. it can go upto GHZ range and could esily have Pout of 30dBm (greater than what u want) easily, besides u can get a hand on different research papers also. my advice u shud go for PA. :)

Hey mate,

A transmitter would be ideal as the last stage in the transmitter. If that is what you mean. However, I am still in need of help of which components to choose to build a basic transmitter/receiver system.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back