Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which program is the most friendly for simple 3D drawing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The best CAD program

For a person with experience in 2D drawing on C0relDr@w, which program offers the easiest migration path for simple 3D drawing. Is Aut0C@D the best solution for this.

Re: The best CAD program

Hhhhm, coreldraw handles things unlike any 3d cad sw, so don't expect it to be really easy. having said that solidworks is very easy to use and you shouldn't have any trouble if you run through the tutorials. i prefer it to others i have tried. i wouldn't use autocad for anything other than 2D stuff.

take care

sygenics

SolidEdge or SolidWorks would be my bet... I tried Turbocad which is very easy to use, but the rotten thing expired before I could do anything usefull with it. I also found the 3d side a little slow

Also have a look over at www.ptc.com (The people that make Pro/Engineer) they have a freeware version called Pro/Desktop Express - version 8 is the latest - the only catch is you need to apply for a license via web/email every now and then. (Anyone have a workaround for this? - it is most frustrating :? )

Of course there are litterally hundreds of CAD programs out there...it depends what you want to achieve...

I also agree with sygenics...leave AC alone...they have lost the race in 3d period.

Yes, definetely Solidworks is my vote
Easy to use and fast to learn

There are many versions out but not all of them are stable
I have found this one to be most stable and working perfectly

Solidworks v2003 SP3 ISO

3CD version

In my opinion SolidWorks is the best one for now .
I think that it is much better than the old AutoCad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back