Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which one is better, voltage-mode or current-mode bandgap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

endru

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
voltage mode and current mode

Hi all,

As we know, we can make a bandgap circuit using either voltage-mode or current-mode approach.
Suppose that I use the architecture that has an opamp pointing upwards with two PMOS on its right and left branch,
which mode should I work on if I want to have the lowest bandgap voltage variation due to the mismatches,
provided that the resistors are perfectly match, but the current mirror and the opamp have some offset voltages?

Thanks a lot! =D

current mode bandgap

It would be nice if you can provide some schematics because I am not sure what structure you are refering to...

I don't konw how much the bandgap reference voltage is.If you want to get one below bandgap voltage ,I suggest you can use current-mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back