Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which of these would you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a UPS and I would like to know which of the following you would choose?

Thanks
Sputnik :idea:

I have rather conservative approach, specially for smaller projects, and my selection will go to the first circuit (with transformer).
It is always safer to implement high current at lower voltage than the opposite way around, and components (power transistors) for voltages below 100V are much much cheaper..

I presume that "Power Source" is the UPS battery? If so, "Idea 1" will not work.

Sorry there was an error in Idea 1 and has been corrected! Idea 1 seems to be a bit more complex but I think it gives more control at the output, but should something go wrong, an appliance can be destroyed. Not the case in Idea 2.

Sputnik :idea:

if sinewave generator+power mosfet is pwm, regulator state can be removed to save energy and output voltage can be controlled by feedback output to pwm.

Hi,
The designing of idea no.2 would certainly be easier and this circuit would be easier to troubleshoot also.
Hence ,i recommend idea no.2 ,however do check out some more digital UPS circuits on net.

GoodLuck !! bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back