Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which language is more commonly used for programming 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go with C. It is user friendly, u can able to debug easily, correct ur errors easily, u can able to use a same pgm to task by editing a bit. I recommend C as the best language. It saves ur time a lot.

Re: 8051

CMOS said:
ckshivaram said:
KEIL is not a compiler ? Oh really? What is it then according to you ? Interpreter or assembler ?

Check out anywhere in the world, Keil is an IDE, No one calls it compiler.
Even when you open keil, it will display keil IDE for controllers.

Keil is IDE which supports inbuilt crosscompilers and not compilers. It features cx51,cx 251 and as well as cross assembler ax51.and other series.

Never call keil a compiler first of all. if you can call keil company you get same answer as i worked there for 3 years.
1. They are IDE.
2. They dont have compilers, they support cross compilers. check out and come back. you contact keil and get the clarification. if u dont trust anyone

ckshivaram said:
CMOS said:
ckshivaram said:
KEIL is not a compiler ? Oh really? What is it then according to you ? Interpreter or assembler ?

Check out anywhere in the world, Keil is an IDE, No one calls it compiler.
Even when you open keil, it will display keil IDE for controllers.

Keil is IDE which supports inbuilt crosscompilers and not compilers. It features cx51,cx 251 and as well as cross assembler ax51.and other series.

Never call keil a compiler first of all. if you can call keil company you get same answer as i worked there for 3 years.
1. They are IDE.
2. They dont have compilers, they support cross compilers. check out and come back. you contact keil and get the clarification. if u dont trust anyone
Ok so now you worked with KEIL too for 3 years apart from 5 years with NXP which you mentioned in other thread. Hmmm sounds great dude. :lol:

And what !!! KEIL does not have compilers ??? WOW this is news for me!
If you go to KEILs website, the very 1st line says Keil™, an ARM® Company, makes C compilers, macro assemblers, real-time kernels, debuggers, simulators, integrated environments, evaluation boards, and emulators for ARM7/ARM9/Cortex-M3, XC16x/C16x/ST10, 251, and 8051 MCU families.
There is no "Cross-compiler" word anywhere !! Plus their IDE is called uVision and not KEIL.
Are you sure you worked for the same German KEIL company ?? :lol:

As I said earlier get away with your attitude dude. Don't make false statements, or you'll end up in big trouble. And its time to go and do your homework man.

I think the compiler is the best solution..

KEIL or BS TASKING are very good

:p

Hi,

As many of replies, you should learn ASM and use also C. When you know both, you can realiaze and understand how the c compiler works and if you need to optimize your code you can do it in ASM or because you know how your compiler works you can do it in C (Not always,application dependent). But if want to quick learn and use a microcontroller, you should go with C.

Good Luck!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.