Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHICH IS THE BEST C COMPILER FOR 89s52???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn_burki

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
BEST C COMPILER???

Hi
I have been woking on atmel in assembly since long time, many times on forum and my friends advised me to do programing in C as it is more easier than doing in assembly. I have recently started with C but i feel that programming in C is difficult than assembly. Secondly I dont have any good compiler of C even dont know which one is better?

Please suggest me what to do and if any one has a good compiler of C for atmel 89s52 then please upload. please help me.

BEST C COMPILER???

Hi,
I think the best would be mikroC. Your one should be mikroC for 8051. There is a free version available on the mikroElektronika site: www.mikroe.com
Although I don't work with 8051, I work a lot with AVR and after having used WinAVR, CodeVision and mikroC, I liked the mikroC best.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Why you prefer AVR? what is the main advantage of AVR than 8051? I think AVRs are more expensive and difficuilt to program?

sn_burki said:
Why you prefer AVR? what is the main advantage of AVR than 8051? I think AVRs are more expensive and difficult to program?

Yes, AVR's are costly than 8051. But when you compare the facilities and speed, you will surely feel AVR's are better than 8051.

Programming is more or less same when you use C compiler.

If you are not comfortable with C then it is better to stay with 8051. I think Keil is good for 8051 C programming although SDCC (which is freeware) can be used

Nandhu

hi all
I have just started with C. if any one has soft book on C programing plz upoad it. I am tryig understanding from small examples. if any one knows any good site where C example or books available plz tell me. I really star with C for89s51/52 i any one has the C compiler for atmel 8051 plz upload it.

I have one confussion about C, in asmbley we have to give the address of uc internal memory, I saw in C we dont have to mention it why?

Hi,

Please read the storage class in C program than u can easily understand.
In C there are 4 storage class.
1. Auto
2. Static
3. Resistor
4. External
Based on this storage class data will store on the memory.
Each storage class is having there scope & lifetime.

Regards
Chanchal

Added after 19 minutes:

I know only Win AVR GCC compiler for Atmel Microcontroller which is free of cost available on net.
To download the code on target device there will be ponyprog software which is also available net. You need to purcchase the Programmer kit that is h/w to dump the code in microcontroller.

Regards
Chanchal

Hi,
For C compilers there are WinAVR, CodeVision, mikroC.
mikroC for 8051:
Code:
http://www.mikroe.com/en/compilers/mikroc/8051/
I think this is the best.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi,

I feel KEIL compiler should be a good compiler for 8051 micro controllers. It offers a wide support to other micro's as well. An user friendly compiler which can be freely downloadable as well.

SDCC is a free option and proved beneficial.
--
Amr Ali

Re: BEST C COMPILER???

Hello everybody

sn_burki said:
Hi
Secondly I dont have any good compiler of C even dont know which one is better?

Please suggest me what to do and if any one has a good compiler of C for atmel 89s52 then please upload. please help me.

I have used Keil IDE for programming of 8051 since last three year
and i think it is best for 8051
it is user friendly and support all feature of 8051
Keil IDE has good compiler of C and also better simulator

Re: BEST C COMPILER???

g_shyam1682 said:
Hello everybody

I have used Keil IDE for programming of 8051 since last three year
and i think it is best for 8051
it is user friendly and support all feature of 8051
Keil IDE has good compiler of C and also better simulator
Can you plz help me in downloading this compiler. I tried but could not douwn load from the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back