Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which block should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigheadfish

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a beginner in RFIC design. Which direction of RFIC should I choose, LNA, Mixer, PLL or PA?

bigheadfish said:
I'm a beginner in RFIC design. Which direction of RFIC should I choose, LNA, Mixer, PLL or PA?

what's your aim?

Hi,
In my opinion you should start with a PLL block as it is a generic block for analog design which is frequently used.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

renwl said:
bigheadfish said:

what's your aim?

I start to study RFIC. I can choose a RFIC block. Which block is better to find a job?

LNA is a good start point

PLL and frequency synthesizer are important blocks in RFIC.

Hi,
Which tool you will be using for the design?
Once you have selected PLL you can refer to Razavi book or Dean Banerjee notes, as they have given step by step design process.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

That depend on your capabilities. Indeed PLL is the most complex block typical beside the baseband processing. But for starting RFIC I would vote for begining with simpler blocks LNA, then Mixer, PA and then PLL.

What type of PA is used in industry,Class A, B C,D or E? What process, CMOS ,Bipolar or others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back