Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats these components!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozeh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,:-D
i have a russian guitar that it has some odd components. i took several picturre of those components and put here untill see. who know what's these two components? look:
first this:
on this component wrote: m10 h90 0381
hm706qslhscrpaxc4jcj.jpg

1d9pj15g8ayatzs9nibb.jpg

second this:
on this component wrote: h90 6800

e4f713i66pe4j92aewa.jpg

4rlwvjinmodms0sisiph.jpg

notice: i think they can't be Inductor or resistor(because they have infinit resistant)!

Last edited:

At first picture seems to be polyester capacitor, and at third picture seems to be wirewound resistor.

+++

Reactions: rozeh

rozeh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Maybe capacitor but, not resistor!
as i wrote:
notice: i think they can't be Inductor or resistor(because they have infinit resistant)!

Maybe capacitor but, not resistor!
as i wrote:

Could be a resistor/inductor gone open circuit i.e. burnt out?

De-solder the component and measure it out of circuit.

Seems as though you have another similar one next to it - measure that component and see if the resistance is around 6.8k Ohms.

rozeh

Could be a resistor/inductor gone open circuit i.e. burnt out?

Or even he could be facing to a bad contact to probe meter, because components terminals appears at pictures as presenting some oxidation.

+++

rozeh

Or even he could be facing to a bad contact to probe meter, because components terminals appears at pictures as presenting some oxidation.

+++

Lets hope he also tried measuring on the leads too and not just the tag contacts?

rozeh

The red devices are old resistors.

Cannot help with the green devices - don't recognise them, but I assume that they are capacitors.

The grey tubes are low value capacitors.

This is World-War two technology - nothing special at the time, but looks exotic now.

Last time I saw components like this was about 40 years ago - and they were not new then.

Cannot help with the markings - the devices I saw were simple to categorise, as they were marked with things like 100pF or 120 Ohms (except using the omega symbol - not Ohms)

EDIT: - on second thoughts - I think I see a 10K resistor and a 6800pF capacitor...

rozeh

No, it's a ceramic tube capacitor.

rozeh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor