Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the loss tangent value of high sensitivity silicon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

limate

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a CPW on a high-resistivity silicon (5000 ohm.cm) substrate. I am wondering what will be the correct value for loss tangent of this substrate. Can anyone tell me if there is any reference to look for?

Loss tangent value

hello, I have found the following data on silicon substrate (from the book of Leif Halbo and Per Ohlckers: electronic components, packaging and production):

1. SiC:
resistance (ohm*cm) = 10^13
eps = 15 to 45
tand = 5*10^-2

2. Si
resistance (ohm*cm) = 10^4 (they also indicate 10^-4, I dont understand this well)
eps = 11.9
tand = 4*10^-2 / 4*10^-3

3. SiO2
resistance (ohm*cm) = 10^6
eps = 3.9
tand = 3*10^-2

4. Si3N4
resistance (ohm*cm) = 10^12
eps = 7.5
tand = ---

Re: Loss tangent value

If I were you, I would ask the substrate manufacturer, to be 100 % sure. Do you have a data sheet (substrate material specification)?

limate said:
I am trying to simulate a CPW on a high-resistivity silicon (5000 ohm.cm) substrate. I am wondering what will be the correct value for loss tangent of this substrate. Can anyone tell me if there is any reference to look for?

Loss tangent value

Hello again, I found new data in the same book.

Indicates "high resistive silicon" rho = 10^3 ohm*cm

epsilon = 11.9
tand = 0.015

hope it helps. regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back