Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[CST Microwave] sensitivity analysis

uda_x

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am new to CST Microwave studio and wanted to know how one can do sensitivity analysis w.r.t. some design parameters of the problem. For e.g. if I had a simple patch antenna with dimensions (parameters) L and W, and I wanted to know how sensitive the dip in S_11 was w.r.t. the design parameters, how would I do this? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You could do a sweep of theses two parameters L and W.

In Simulation -> Parameter sweep -> New sequence -> New parameter -> L and W. You can place a range of different values for your sensituvuty analysis. The number of points depends on your time and your computing capacity.

Regards

Thanks. Yes, a parametric sweep would give an idea. However, a sensitivity analysis would give me the partial derivatives of an objective function of my choice, which is more quantitatively helpful. Particularly if the sensitivity analysis is done using the adjoint method, the number of function evaluations is reduced compared to finite difference techniques.

Thanks. Yes, a parametric sweep would give an idea. However, a sensitivity analysis would give me the partial derivatives of an objective function of my choice, which is more quantitatively helpful. Particularly if the sensitivity analysis is done using the adjoint method, the number of function evaluations is reduced compared to finite difference techniques.
Ok, I get it now. It seems that in your "Setup Solver" you have the option of "Sensitivity analysis". Check the properties there. I hope this can help you.

A link to the manual --> https://space.mit.edu/RADIO/CST_onl...al_overview_sensitivity_analysis_overview.htm

Regards.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back