Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between Vcc and Vdd supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Anyone can tell me what the difference between Vcc and Vdd?

Thank You...

how to connect vcc & vdd

Vdd is unregulated voltage of ≥8V value, Vcc is regulated +5V for logic circuits ..
Regards,
IanP

Help

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
vdd supply

I think its only a convention.

Re: Vcc n Vdd Supply

Hi
When we connect a supply to a bipolar junction transistor or Ic we call the supply Vcc,and when we connect a supply to a mosfet or fet or mosfet Ic we call the supply Vdd.
regards

mohammad mokhtar said:
Hi
When we connect a supply to a bipolar junction transistor or Ic we call the supply Vcc,and when we connect a supply to a mosfet or fet or mosfet Ic we call the supply Vdd.
regards

i am just gonna say the same thing... Ian, is wad mohammad mokhtar correct??

anyway,,,"Help" as L7805 is voltage regulator, the input to it should b unregulated voltage source.... and the output is regulated 5V(L7805 -> the '5' means 5V)

regards,
sp

About convention on Vxx:
**broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

What mokhtar said is correct. But in the context of Help's question, the designer of the schematic obviously failed to follow convention and simply implied them as unregulated and reegulated supply voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back