Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's th reason for using secret number on websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzintani

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plz i'd like to know that is the benefit of secret number required to copy from the image when ever you whant to register in any forum .
"copy the numbers or letters as it sppear in image box"

i wish yuo understand what i mean.

any one help.

regards

Re: Secret Number

A human eye can see the image (on the monitor) and read it like abcdefghij......or 123...... but a machine (computer) cannot see the image, so, the purpose is to avoid attack of a computer. e.g. a computer can fill up hundred thousands of form and make that site so crouded that it is practically hangup or slow down.

So it is one of the methods to detect that a human filled up that form not a machine.

Re: Secret Number

DoS- its denial of service attack- The false requests flood the computer in such a way that actual users are not able to access.

The secret numbers are made in such a way that either they are hidden or artistically drawn and only human being can read or predict them, a machine can not cut the numbers/letters.

-Sidd

Status
Not open for further replies.