Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple SSID on 1 NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

danadakk

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have a remote site running one wireless Network with 1 SSID/PW for the network.
Cell based.

I need to modify network to add another SSID/PW to use the same NIC so that devices
that are trying to log into the non existent SSID/PW (current situation) can be managed.

I had both networks running, one on Satellite, the other on Cell, and removed the Satellite
Wi-Fi forgetting to move the devices attached to it before I removed it. The solution will
be done over the Cell remotely, so must be bullet proof, eg not take down, other than
intermittently, the Cell connection. Otherwise a 5 hour drive to get to physical site.

All help greatly appreciated.

Regards, Dana.

Depends on router/access point software. Many routers have a feature to setup a guest network with different parameters.

Depends on router/access point software. Many routers have a feature to setup a guest network with different parameters.
The Hotspot is the Router, but its firmware does not permit multiple SSID on
same base freq. It allows primary on 2.4 or 5 Ghz, and the guest on the opposite
of primary assigned. In effect 2 SSID assigned to same net not allowed. So this
has to be done on OS side. All the clients in system operate on 2.4. So HW split
not solution.

Regards, Dana.

A better way to describe problem

1636986635293.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.