Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What will be the issues if I design system with four 32 bit micro controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishekabs

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Can anybody tell me what will be hardware & system level challenges if I design a system with single core four microcontrollers.
I want to evaluate what are the challenges if I do not use multicore processors & use processor with single core & use additional three for multitasking & improve efficiency of system.

Application can be any complex process control where we have lot of sensor inputs & we have lot of outputs with 15-20 solenoid, relay & motor driver.

Application may sound vague, but my study topic is use of 4 microcontrollers system instead of 4 core micro.

Nothing complex. Special requerements related only to high speed interfaces. If you don't use them, only one thing you have to take to account is a voltage supply. Common ground polygon for ESD protective and set of ceramic capacitors around supply pins.

Thanks for the reply, so Grounding strategy is important for ESD as well as emission requirements, right?

Communication can be by SPI or CAN or ( some new protocol for micro processor communication).
Will signal integrity be an issue if one of the processor is DSP?

Application can be any complex process control where we have lot of sensor inputs & we have lot of outputs with 15-20 solenoid, relay & motor driver.

Application may sound vague, but my study topic is use of 4 microcontrollers system instead of 4 core micro.

An application so simple like the one you mentioned running on 32 bit core apparently will not provide you any relevant information enough to make any conclusion. Most of the time the core will be idle. It would be best to choose something for example in the area of signal processing with massive mathematical calculations, preferably in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.