Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What software is better for MoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

televizak

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, what softwary you can recomanded from 2,5D simulation software for planar structures?

Microwave Office,
Zealand Q3D
ADS Momentum
Ansoft Designer

or other software?

Thx

Hi televizak,

Sonnet EM Simulator...
**broken link removed**
Use sonnet lite it's free
**broken link removed**

Hi

ADS Momentum is good for starting... Microwave office too

Regards

hi televizak
In addition, Super NEC is also good, specially because it's run on MATLAB.
regards

IE3D is really intresting. Try it you will be satisfied, even if there is some problems with high dielectric permittivity.

Hi, elek_fyc: Thank you for the posting. I am interested in your comment on that IE3D might have problem in high permittivity. I would like to know how hight it is for the failed cases. IE3D was tested against some examples with Er = 24.3 (HTS circuits) with a thin layer (0.1 micron) of Er = 500 to 1000 in 1994. It did yield accurate results. We have not done similar tests in the recent years. I do want to check it to see how high it is for your cases and try to resolve it if there is a problem or it can be resolved. There are some optional parameters you can adjust to achieve higher accuracy by sacrifying some efficiency. You can send your case to me at: jian@zeland.com. Thanks!

If you really want to use solid 3D MoM code please have a look to EM3DS. While it is still closed box (mainly) it has both 2.5D and 3D engines that give ya lots of possibilities to efficiently handle 3D strcutures or verify effects of this and that.

Hope it helps.

One of the best MoM code is Feko:

**broken link removed**

Agilent ADS Momentum is good tool

Balanis, Antenna Theory, Analysis and Design, 2nd : : Edition, 1997

I found that IE3D is so accurate in closed structures such as printed filters or couplers, but in free space structures such as an antenna on PCB, I found some problems by IE3D.

regards
KMPA

KMPA, what do you mean by "closed structure"? the circuit is enclosed in a rectangular box? In that case, you are saying something that is opposite to what many people feel: IE3D is considered to be among the best for planar antennas. For boxed circuit, one should consider Sonnet EM, EM3Ds or AWR's EMSight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back