Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromagnetic design softwares for model maglev train

HighTechPower

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I have to simulate a model maglev train, however not sure which electromagnetic software to use. Any suggestions?

It's static and low frequency magnetic problem. For full 3D simulation, Ansys Maxwell is well suited. A basic simulation of the Maglev geometry can be performed in 2D magnetic tool, e.g. free FEMM.

Hi guys I have installed COMSOL Multiphysics software due to availability. What do you say about it's capabilities? I have to do simulations both in 2D & 3D with Maglev train moving in it.
By the way any source where free online training or tutorials for COMSOL is available (in electromagnetics domain)?

Last edited:
Hi guys I have installed COMSOL Multiphysics software due to availability. What do you say about it's capabilities? I have to do simulations both in 2D & 3D with Maglev train moving in it.
By the way any source where free online training or tutorials for COMSOL is available (in electromagnetics domain)?
Hi Tony, FvM & BigBoss what about this?

You didn't mention which type of EM simulation intend to.
Is your aim to simulate EMC or EMI or Communication ??
I'm not simulating for electromagnetic compatibility or interferences as primary objective. I want to see sliding maglev train engine (for simplicity in some block form) in 2D and 3D as per given parameters, like number of turns, operating frequency, voltage type and level applied, flux density, magnetic material used etc.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back