Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What should I do----no negedge clock_gating_cell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjccentury

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, all guys,
In my library, I only have posedge clock_gating_cell, so for negedge flip-flop, I can't insert clock gating cell as my wish.
After synthesis, I found because of no negedge clock_gating_cell, PowerCompiler creates them by latch and logic gates, but when I do scan insertion, scan clock can't go through these kind of negedge clock_gating_cell.
What should I do?
Hope for your reply !!! Thanks !

Maybe you can try to change your code before the power compiler. i.e. you invert the clock before you pass the clock to the posedge clock_gating cell. This way, it will be negedge triggered.

Then, you add multiplexors so that during scan, you bypass the original clock and use your scan clock.

sesl33 said:
Maybe you can try to change your code before the power compiler. i.e. you invert the clock before you pass the clock to the posedge clock_gating cell. This way, it will be negedge triggered.

Then, you add multiplexors so that during scan, you bypass the original clock and use your scan clock.

Yes, you're right. At present I used I multiplexors to solve this problem.

But as you said, if I insert posedge clock_gating cell after an inverter, during scan test, all test clock should be in off-state, but after an inverter, this clock is in active-state. And this state can not initialize the following posedge clock_gating cell. This will cause X value from clock_gating_cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back